Thank you for committing to much needed local community initiatives – Lets raise vital funds for Leukaemia & Blood Cancer together. This a rewarding and fun way to support the 6 Kiwis diagnosed every day with a blood cancer or related condition. You can read more about how your fundraising is making a real difference to patients in your region here.
If you are thinking of joining us for Stadium Climb on Thursday 7 November 2019, please check out the information below. Gates open at 3pm, first registration from 3.30pm. If you have any queries please contact our Events team email@example.com
How do I register for the 2019 event?
Sign up here if you’re keen to enter the 2019 Stadium Climb Wellington at Westpac Stadium on Thursday 7 November.
- $20 for students (15+)
- $45 for non-students
This can be paid by credit or debit card only. Please note, the registration fee is non-refundable.
How do I/we fundraise?
The individual fundraising goal is $300. All participants entering the event commit to do their best to reach this goal – we help you along the way too!
Stadium Climb Wellington is a peer-to-peer fundraising event. When you sign up you will also generate an online fundraising page on our website (if you are signing up as a team you will create a team page as well as an individual page for each of your team members). This is your online fundraising hub where you can ask your friends and families to securely donate to you using credit cards or by direct credit.
Who can take part?
Anyone over the age of 16. Go on, give it a go!
On the day
You will experience a unique and fun atmosphere with spot prizes for climbers, and spectators can enjoy the exciting buzz of the event – so bring your friends and family to this awesome community day!
What is the course like?
Wellington Stadium Climb participants will take on over 4,500 steps up, down and around Westpac Stadium on Wellington’s waterfront. Seating 34,500 spectators, Westpac Stadium is a much-loved Wellington landmark that has hosted an amazing array of events since it’s inception in 2000.
Participating as a team can be heaps of fun! Your team can be as little or large as you like! When entering as a team in Stadium Climb Wellington, each participant will complete the course of 4,500 steps. It’s not a relay event.
General rules for Stadium Climb Wellington
Climbing up and down the stairs can be dangerous particularly when going down. Therefore there will be a number of rules all participants will be required to follow in order to partake and ensure the safety of all.
- Participants must NOT race down the stairs. Hit every step going down. No skipping stairs on the way down.
- If you need to overtake then this needs to occur when climbing UP or going along, NEVER DOWN.
- Keep to the left and overtake on the right.
- No wearing iPods, MP3 players or headphones of any sort during the climb – we need you to hear us!
- Event marshals will be on hand throughout the course to monitor these rules and ensure they are been adhered to for everyone’s safety.
- Please don’t be a lane hog! Please step aside for people wanting to pass.
- If you are wanting to pass it is recommended that you say in a loud clear voice “PASSING PLEASE” as you will be approaching from behind and visually the slower participant in front won’t see you coming.
- Remember, sporting stadiums are not built for stair climbing. Stairs may differ in height and aisles may differ in length and gradients. Enjoy the challenge it presents and climb with care.
- Stadium Climb Wellington will take place rain or shine barring any extreme weather conditions that would put the safety of our participants at risk. In the event of inclement weather, modifications to the route may be made to ensure everyone’s safety.
- By participating in Stadium Climb Wellington you are also agreeing to the conditions of entry for this venue.
Got a question?
We are happy to answer any questions you might have. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 15 15 10 option 1.